According to a new, comprehensive federal survey commissioned by the Justice Department, an estimated 3.4 million Americans a year are victims of stalking. Yeah, when we read this story, our collective jaw hit the ground too. Then we were riding the elevator to go grab lunch and the story popped up on our Captivate screen. The stalking story was stalking us.
We had to do something to take back the power in the situation. It was time for an intervention via Flavorwire Playlist. After the jump find the 10 tracks that enable us to dance out our fear of scary stalkers; no shocker, most of them are about love. As always, feel free to add any obvious ones that we overlooked in the comments.
1. Jay Reatard, “I See You Standing There”
2. Hall and Oates, “Private Eyes”
3. Luna, “I Know You Tried”
4. Blondie, “One Way Or Another”
5. Rockwell, “Somebody’s Watching Me”
6. The Police, “Don’t Stand So Close”
7. Belle & Sebastian, “Like Dylan In the Movies”
8. AC/DC, “Night Prowler”
9. Weezer, “Across the Sea”
10. Eminem, “Stan”
Need more music? Check out Kulturblog’s Top 10 Stalker Pop Songs here. (Thanks, Jake.)