Since we never know when Larry David will decide to pull the plug on his hilarious HBO series, Curb Your Enthusiasm, we’re pretty excited to see that there’s finally a promo for Season 8. Although it doesn’t reveal anything as concrete as a premiere date, the funny, Godzilla-inspired teaser does give us one very interesting piece of information: looks like David will be coming to New York City, his old Seinfeld stomping grounds. Watch the promo after the jump and add to our list of local landmarks and attractions we’d like to see Larry visit while he’s in town in the comments.
1. Katz’s Delicatessen: Larry has always struggled with restaurant etiquette. And while we can imagine him having great respect for this ancient Jewish deli, we know the place has pretty strict rules (about, say, hanging onto your meal ticket) and can see hilarity ensuing should our hero fail to comply with them.
2. Tom’s Restaurant: What will happen when the creator of Seinfeld shows up in the place where tourists flock to worship at its altar? We don’t know, but we’re sure it will be awkward.
3. Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark: If Larry David showed up at Julie Taymor and Bono’s disastrous musical, we’re pretty sure he would end up with a body stocking-clad aerialist in his lap — and that, from there, he would handle the situation very poorly. That’s just his luck.
4. Jerry Stiller’s house: Over the summer, we saw the wonderful Jerry Stiller visit the Costanza family’s old house in Queens and have a nice chat with its current residents — who are big fans. Now, we’d like to see Larry visit Frank Costanza in his real home, because we didn’t see nearly enough of our favorite Seinfeld actor when the cast reunited on last season’s Curb Your Enthusiasm.
5. The Statue of Liberty: Security is tight around one of the U.S.’s most cherished symbols of freedom. From the Liberty Island ferry to the umpteen flights of steps you need to climb to reach the top of Lady Liberty, we can imagine Larry causing massive, inadvertent offense to children and tourists. His typical stubbornness might even win him an investigation by Homeland Security.